I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 18 maart 2013

European Collodion weekend 2013





European Collodion Weekend 2013 update

Due to several reasons I had to change the location for the 2013 ECW.
Don't worry. The date is still the same en it's also nearby Veldhoven (4 km).
The second edition of the ECW is going to be held at Camping Volmolen (Riethoven)
About 35-40 wetplaters from all over the world will participate,
so maybe this is going to be worlds biggest gathering of collodion artists.
They will show their wet plate gear, skills on wet plate and 

there will be a digital beamer presentation of their work.

It will be open for public on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th of May 2013
from 11:00 till 17:00 hours.
So if you are interested in this beautiful process,
Riethoven is the place to be.

Alex Timmermans

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten