I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

donderdag 10 januari 2013

Recent shoot with Olga Kaminska

Recently I had a shoot with Olga Kaminska from Poland.
Olga was the covergirl of The Playboy from January 2011.
She's a fantastic friendly model and also extremely patient which is a "must" with this slow process

This shoot was arranged by Marc Vreenegoor , the owner of a very nice studio called Mijnstudio.
This studio is located at Ter Aar.
He arranged that we had a privat shoot with Olga and we were able to make some very nice plates.
I want to thank Marc for hosting this and Olga for het kindness.

Marc organizes nude photography shoots/workshops on a regular base.
I can highly recommend Marc and his studio if you want to learn more about nude photography.


Some results:



27x27 cm
Exposure time 3 seconds
Dallmeyer 3b 270mm 3.0 wide open




27x27cm
Exposure time 6 seconds
 Hermagis Petzval 350mm 4.5 wide open





18x24cm
Exposure time 3 secs
Dallmeyer 3b 270mm 3.0 wide open

Behind the scenes













 






4 opmerkingen:

  1. Waanzinnige fotoshoot waarbij ik mocht assisteren. Dit wordt weer een onderdeel van een nieuwe serie geinspireerd door het Parijs van Bettina Rheims en Serge Bramly. Binnenkort meer in mijn weblog Paris-FvdV over het werk van de Nederlandse Collodion top fotograaf Alex Timmermans en zijn Parijse inspiraties.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Amazing! Way to go, this is the next step!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen