I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

maandag 2 januari 2012

Normal film plate holder part 2

In oktober 2010 i posted some pictures how to modify a normal film holder to a wet plate holder.
Here's the post http://collodion-art.blogspot.com/2010/10/normal-film-holder-for-wet-plate.html
I have got several questions how i manage to hold the plate into the plate holder as it has no door with a spring.
Well, actually this is quite simple. Just take a normal plastic (limonade) bottle. Cut a small part out of the bottom part (which is mostly the stiffest part) of the bottle  (about 1.5 x 3 inches) et voila:  you have made yourself a spring for your plate holder.
Just as simple as that.
Try to make it of a white bottle which makes it much easier to locate when you are working in the dark room.


1 opmerking: