I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

zondag 27 november 2011

My little friend again, Samy.

Today my little friend (my nephew) visited us. Ofcourse he wanted to be a sitter again.
Is very interested in the whole proces and the first thing he always asks when he's bringing a visit : "are we going to make plates ?"

He's a perfect sitter. Only 8 years old, tiny but very intelligent.
I had to stock the chair with a box and a pillow, otherwise he's to small for the head stand......
I still can't believe how collodion can change someones "look"


"Samy"




Hermagis 420mm 4.5
Black glass ambrotype
exposure time 7 secs
KCN Fixer


1 opmerking:

  1. This is great! I stil can't believe the exposure is only 7seconds! How much light do you have? For my last shot I had a 7 seconds but at noon in the shade. And my collodion is a month and a half old.
    Great.
    B5

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen