I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

dinsdag 4 oktober 2011

Demonstration at Photo 3.0

Last sunday we were invited to give a wet plate demonstration at the new Photo 3.0 event. Together with my friends Ben and Ad i had a great day !
If you want to know some more about that event, just have a look at this website :
http://photo30.nl/

A few very talented photographers were showing there works like Mike Roelofs, Kim Boske, Femke Schaap, Martijn Hesseling, Marjan teeuwen and many others
It was located at the temporary Art centre in Eindhoven.

I am always surprised how much stuff i have to bring, just to make one picture.
My car was fully loaded with camera, lights, chemicals, trays etc. etc.
But it's always a pleasure to give such a demonstration in front of very enthousiastic people. People who are interested in this beautifull kind of photography.

There's something else which surprises me. Many woman are very interested in wet plate photography. More than half of the listeners were female !
So it isn't a men's world anymore....

The pictures below were made bij Ad v/d Beemt and Theo Visser









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten